Pre Event Day Info
Important Event Information
Find everything you need to know about event day in one handy document!
2018 Event Info PDF (2.3MB)
Race Day Check
- Your race number (and pins to attach it)
- Your timing bib with disposable transponder (attached)
- Your transport booked/organised to your start line – a coloured wristband will be given out with your race bag
- Official Gear bag for bag drop
- Weather appropriate clothing, plus sunscreen and cap.
There will be no replacement numbers or timing chips available at the race start areas.
Please pin your race number to the front of your t-shirt or running vest and make sure it is clearly visible. You must not use someone else’s number, nor let someone else use yours. Marshals will remove you from the race before you cross the finish line.
There will be plenty of parking at all event start lines and at the finish/event village.
Marathon - We recommend parking along Papamoa Beach Rd behind the Marathon Start Line.Vehicle access limited to entry via Parton Rd only.
Half Marathon - We recommend parking in all day parking spaces around Coronation Park
12KM Run/Walk - We recommend parking on the surrounding streets.
6KM Run/Walk - We recommend parking at the Judea Rugby Club and surrounding streets.
Download Parking Map (217KB)
- The Strand (Harrington St to Devonport Rd) 5.00am-10.00pm
- Wharf St (Willow St to The Strand) 5.00am-10.00pm
- Nikau Cr (entire length) 6.00am-2.00pm
- Rata St (Totara St to Nikau Cr) 6.00am-2.00pm
- Otumoetai Road (Levers Rd to Beach Rd) 7.00am-5.00pm – Resident Access at all times
- Beach Rd (entire length) 7.00am-5.00pm – Resident Access at all times
- Papamoa Beach Rd (McCallum Pl to Grant Pl) 7.30am-11.00am
- Papamoa Beach Rd (Grant Pl to Ocean Beach Rd) – All of ocean side. Closure duration: 6.00am to 11.30am – Due to the nature of closure and length, we must allow installation time before 8.30am closure – this ultimately means the lane closure will be in place up to 2 hours before the start of race. Enforcement of closure from 8.30am.
- Ocean Beach Rd – All of ocean side. Closure duration: 6.00am to 12.00am. Enforcement of closure from 8.30am.
- Marine Parade including Adams Ave – All of ocean side. Closure duration: 6.00am to 2.00pm. Enforcement of closure from 8.30am
- The Mall (entire length) – including Salisbury St from Victoria Rd to The Mall. Closure Duration: 8.00am to 2.00pm. Enforcement of closure from 8.30am.
- Totara St – Rata St to Hull Rd. All of ocean side (Mount Maunganui bound). Closure duration: 8.00am to 2.00pm. Enforcement of closure from 8.30am.
View/Download run sheet (649 KB)